- Richmond is the state capital of Virginia.
- City Data reports that Richmond’s population has grown 10.1% since 2000.
- The Richmond Metropolitan area has an estimated population of 1,234,058.
- The Interstate-95 runs through Richmond and carries over 140,000 vehicles through the city each day.
- US News and World Report ranked Richmond the 28th best place to live.
- Named one of the “10 up and coming cities for Entrepreneurs” by Forbes.
- Eight Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Richmond and 11 Fortune 1000 companies.
- People in the city are approximately a 2 hour car ride away from Washington DC.
- 8th best historic destination in the USA- US News and World Report.
- Richmond’s rich American history draws more than 7 million tourists every year. Attractions include the Maymont Estate, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and Virginia historical society.
- Richmond is home to 5 colleges and universities with a total of over 50,000 students.
For a list of our current DST properties and their locations, sign up now!
- US News and World- http://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings-best-places-to-live
- Richmond.com- http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_3c00985a-a080-5885-bd24-5b862b704cd1.html
- Greater Richmond, Virginia- http://www.grpva.com/data-and-downloads/employers/fortune-1000
- City data- http://www.city-data.com/city/Richmond-Virginia.html
- Forbes entrepreneur- http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickhull/2013/09/25/10-up-and-coming-cities-for-entrepreneurs/#7e9ee452b1ce
- US News and World Report- http://travel.usnews.com/Rankings/Best_US_Historic_Destinations/
- Census- https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/0660620