- The 2013 Census reports that the total population in Florida is 19,552,860. This makes Florida the 4th most populated state in America.
- In Florida there are no state income, estate, inheritance, or intangibles tax.
- On Business Insider’s “The 50 Best places to live in America” in 2016, 6 Florida cities are named. These rankings were based on each city’s job market index, value index, quality of life, desirability, and net migration.
- Florida has broken its top tourist record every year for the past five years. Governor Rick Scott announced 105 million tourists visited the state in 2015, an 8% increase over 2014.
- Popular tourism attractions that attract visitors from across the world Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, the Everglades, and the Kennedy Space Center.
- According to GIS Maps Database, 26.82% of workers have a bachelors degree or higher.
- There are over 60 airports in Florida, including Miami International Airport, Orlando International Airport, Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood International Airport, and Tampa International Airport. Those four airports are in the top 30 busiest airports in the United States.
- Florida has approximately 800 miles of beaches, 1,300 miles of coastline, and 30,000 lakes.
- Florida is a global center for trade. Over the past 10 years the overall value of Florida’s merchandise trade has almost doubled. In 2015 the merchandise trade was valued over $147.4 billion.
- Over 61,000 Florida companies export overseas, which represented 20 percent of all U.S. exporters in 2012. This makes Florida the state with the second largest amount of exporters. On average companies that export grow 15% faster, are 12% more profitable, and pay 15% higher wages than non-exporting companies.
- There are 16 Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Florida. This includes World Fuel Services Corp, Publix Super Markets, and Tech Delta Corp.
For a list of our current DST and 1031 properties in Florida, sign up now!
- Florida Governor Rick Scott- http://www.flgov.com/2016/02/18/gov-scott-florida-welcomed-a-record-105-million-tourists-in-2015/
- Enterprise Florida- https://www.enterpriseflorida.com/international/international-trade/
- Florida Realtors- http://media.floridarealtors.org/tips-for-buying-property-in-florida/