High-net-worth, accredited investors may be looking for an investment that is an alternative to traditional investments such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.
High net worth real estate investors may be looking for an investment that is an alternative to traditional investments such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. Such investors may want to consider investing in one of Kay Properties and Investments, LLC real estate offerings. These investment offerings are designed to potentially provide a stream of rental income and/or distributions, tax benefits and appreciation to our investors.
Kay Properties and Investments maintains a diversified portfolio of properties and property types – medical office, multifamily apartment, office and triple net lease (NNN) properties – that enable our investors to select the real estate program that best suits their needs and objectives.
Potential Advantages of Real Estate Offerings
- Portfolio diversification* into brick and mortar real estate
- May provide a hedge against inflation
- Passive income and/or distribution potential
- May provide monthly cash flow and/or distributions
- Capital appreciation/equity growth potential
- Tax advantages through depreciation and interest deductions
- Low minimum investment amounts allow for portfolio diversification (our typical minimum investment amounts are $25,000-$50,000)
- Professional real estate expertise, including acquisition, financing, property management and asset management
- Elimination of day-to-day management headaches
Kay Properties and Investments, LLC helps clients throughout the United States with investments into real estate offerings via direct cash investments and through 1031 exchanges. For further information or to request a list of offerings currently available to accredited investors and accredited entities only, please contact us or register.
Risks of Real Estate Offering Investing
- Cash flows/distributions/returns/appreciation/equity growth are not guaranteed and could be lower than anticipated
- Past performance is not indicative of future results
- Tenant vacancies
- Tenant defaults
- Real estate is considered illiquid
- Declining market values
- Diversification does not guarantee profits
- Diversification does not guarantee protection against losses
- Loss of entire principal amount invested
- Adverse market/economic/tax consequences and conditions may affect property/program performance
- Reduction or elimination of monthly cash flow/distributions
- All real estate investments have the potential for foreclosure and a complete loss of investment principal
Types of DST Investments
High net worth accredited real estate investors would do well to consider DST investments in various situations. Regardless of whether they’re investing in a DST property for the first time, would like to opt for a 1031 exchange, or are looking to diversify their equity into multiple properties, they can benefit from the high income it can generate. DSTs can help accredited real estate investors not only earn income without the day-to-day hassles of property management and tenant issues but also offer a ton of other advantages. They help diversify the income and also defer capital gains taxes in case of a 1031 exchange.
Here are the different types of DST properties for investment:
Multi-family DST investments are popular options for buyers as they distribute the risk. Although they no doubt comprise an array of properties, it’s crucial to remember that not every multi-family property may generate high cash flows.
Net Lease Properties
Triple net or NNN properties are typically single tenant properties with long-term leases, resulting in a consistent stream of income for a long duration. Although they provide security in the form of a stable income earned via long-term leases, they may not provide opportunities for growth in a prosperous economy.
Medical Office Properties
Medical DST properties such as,medical offices and complexes are also considered a steady type of investment. Tenants include hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare service providers and entities.
As the name suggests, portfolio DST investments consist of a portfolio of up to 20 different property types such as, residential, medical, and net lease. Quite understandably then, they offer plenty of opportunity to diversify.*Diversification does not guarantee profits or protect against losses.