- According to the government census website, Austin’s population grew 14.8% from April 2010 to July 2015.
- Forbes ranked Austin the #1 fastest growing city, and Business Insider states that the Texas state capital gains roughly 50 new residents each day.
- The United States Census Bureau reports that from 2010-2014 87% of adults aged 25+ are high school graduates and 46% hold a bachelors degree or higher.
- Forbes ranked Austin the 5th Best city for young professionals.
- According to Best Places, Austin’s recent job growth is 2.82%, over double the nation’s average job growth of 1.18%.
- Residents in Austin do not have to pay a state, county, or local income tax.
- The unemployment rate in Austin is 2.6%- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Austin is home to several higher education universities, including University of Texas at Austin, the second largest university in Texas.
- Eight airports are located in Austin, including Austin- Bergstrom International Airport. Opening in 1999, this international airport reports that it has experienced passenger growth for 29 consecutive months. A new annual passenger record was set in 2015 at 11,897,959, up 11% from 2014.
- Austin was ranked 2nd on Business Insider’s “The 50 Best places to live in America” in 2016. The city was also awarded the 2nd spot on the US News and World Report’s 2016 “100 Best places to live” list. These rankings were based on each city’s job market index, value index, quality of life, desirability, and net migration.
- Travel + Leisure ranked Austin as the 3rd Best Music City in the United States.
- Austin hosts several annual music festivals, including South by Southwest and Austin City Limits. According the SXSW official website, the South by Southwest music festival was directly and indirectly responsible for injecting $317.2 million into the Austin economy in 2015.
To download a list of our current DST properties, sign up now!
DST properties and private placement real estate offerings are for accredited investors (a net worth of greater than 1 million dollars – exclusive of primary residence) and accredited entities only. If you are unsure if you are an accredited investor or an accredited entity, please do speak with your CPA and attorney for verification prior to considering an investment. There are material risks associated with the ownership of real estate, real estate offerings and Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) properties, including but not limited to, tenant vacancies, loss of entire principal amount invested, and that distributions, potential cash flows, returns, and appreciation are not guaranteed. There are no assurances that diversification will produce profits or guarantees against loss. This material does not constitute tax or legal advice. All investors should speak with their own tax and legal advisors before considering any real estate investments.
Securities products offered through WealthForge Securities, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Kay Properties and Investments, LLC is independent of WealthForge Securities, LLC. All information provided is for educational purposes only. The material contained herein does not constitute an offer to sell and is not an offer to buy real estate, real estate offerings, DST properties or securities. Such offers are made only by a sponsor’s memorandum, which is always controlling and available to accredited investors and accredited entities only. There are material risks associated with the ownership of real estate, real estate offerings and DST properties, including but not limited to, tenant vacancies, loss of entire principal amount invested, and that potential distributions, cash flows, returns, and appreciation are not guaranteed.
All information herein has been prepared from sources believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed by WealthForge Securities, LLC and Kay Properties and Investments and is not a complete summary or statement of all available data necessary for making an investment decision. Any information provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation.
- Census.gov- https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/4805000
- Best places.net http://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/texas/austin
- Official Airport website: https://www.austintexas.gov/news/december-2015-passenger-cargo-traffic-austin-bergstrom
- Business Insider- http://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-best-places-to-live-in-america-2016-3
- Travel Channel- http://www.travelchannel.com/destinations/us/tx/austin/articles/austin-music-festivals
- Sxsw website- http://www.sxsw.com/sites/default/files/attachments/sxsw-2015-statistics.pdf
- US News and World Report- http://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings-best-places-to-live
- Travel + leisure- http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/americas-best-music-cities/29
- Forbes- http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45ehikh/5-tie-austin-texas/#4d4cf9a45a33