- In 2013 Walgreen bought Alliance Boots, a chain of pharmacies in the UK that also sold health and beauty products in 11 countries. This drastically increased Walgreens product offering, supply chain, and market capitalization in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance ranked 35 on the Fortune 1000 list.
- Walgreens has 13,100 stores in over 11 countries, which makes it the largest retail pharmacy in the U.S. and Europe.
- Revenue during Walgreen’s fiscal year in 2015 was 103,444 million. On the Fortune 500 list it was ranked #114 in revenue.
- The company has a S&P rating of BBB and Moody’s rating of Baa2.
- Walgreens received a perfect business credit rating of A+ from credit.net.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance was the 5th most admired food and drug store in 2015 according to Fortune magazine.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance has been ranked among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the past 22 consecutive years.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance’s official website reports that it has over 8,100 Walgreens stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Approximately 76% of Americans live within 5 miles of a Walgreens store as of August 2015.
- Every day Walgreens interacts with about 8 million customers in its stores and online.
- Walgreens filled approximately 894 million prescriptions in fiscal 2015.
- American’s health care spending is expected to significantly increase in the next decade. In 2014, 17% of the nations gross domestic product was spent in the health care industry. An aging population and new health care initiatives are expected to help increase this proportion to 20% by 2020. Walgreens Boots Alliance projects this will bring 30 million more people into the health care system.
- Walgreens has increased the dividend given to shareholders for 40 consecutive years.
- According to a poll conducted by Civics Science, 49% of customers make all of their household purchases at Walgreens.
- In January 2016 Walgreens announced it plans to acquire RiteAid within the year. This will dramatically increase its market penetration and further strengthen its supply chain.
To learn more about our current DST tenants and properties, sign up now!
DST properties and private placement real estate offerings are for accredited investors (a net worth of greater than 1 million dollars – exclusive of primary residence) and accredited entities only. If you are unsure if you are an accredited investor or an accredited entity, please do speak with your CPA and attorney for verification prior to considering an investment. There are material risks associated with the ownership of real estate, real estate offerings and Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) properties, including but not limited to, tenant vacancies, loss of entire principal amount invested, and that distributions, potential cash flows, returns, and appreciation are not guaranteed. There are no assurances that diversification will produce profits or guarantees against loss. This material does not constitute tax or legal advice. All investors should speak with their own tax and legal advisors before considering any real estate investments.
Securities products offered through WealthForge Securities, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Kay Properties and Investments, LLC is independent of WealthForge Securities, LLC. All information provided is for educational purposes only. The material contained herein does not constitute an offer to sell and is not an offer to buy real estate, real estate offerings, DST properties or securities. Such offers are made only by a sponsor’s memorandum, which is always controlling and available to accredited investors and accredited entities only. There are material risks associated with the ownership of real estate, real estate offerings and DST properties, including but not limited to, tenant vacancies, loss of entire principal amount invested, and that potential distributions, cash flows, returns, and appreciation are not guaranteed.
All information herein has been prepared from sources believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed by WealthForge Securities, LLC and Kay Properties and Investments and is not a complete summary or statement of all available data necessary for making an investment decision. Any information provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation.
- OneSource database
- Walgreens Newsroom- http://news.walgreens.com/fact-sheets/rankings-ratings.htm
- Insider monkey- http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/walgreens-boots-alliance-inc-wba-40-consecutive-years-of-dividend-growth-counting-460792/
- Civic Science- https://civicscience.com/ourinsights/insightreports/insight-report-researching-the-personas-of-cvs-rite-aid-and-walgreens-fans/
- Drug Store News- http://www.drugstorenews.com/article/walgreens-boots-alliance-names–initiatives-shareholders-meeting-will-fuel-growth?nocache=1
- Minyanville: http://www.minyanville.com/trading-and-investing/stocks/articles/Why-Walgreens-Is-A-Good-Buy/5/13/2013/id/49784#ixzz4CGClSA6d
- The Street http://realmoney.thestreet.com/articles/04/11/2016/walgreens-rite-aid-deal-depends-selling-stores