Over the last 3 months we have brought to market in cooperation with our joint-venture partners two all-cash/debt-free commercial properties in Chesapeake, Virginia and made them available to our accredited clients as Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) 1031 exchange offerings via Regulation D, Rule 506c. Here are 10 reasons we like Chesapeake, VA for our DST 1031 exchange and direct investor clients:
- Chesapeake is the third largest city by population in the state of Virginia.
- Chesapeake is part of the 1.7-million-person Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
- Chesapeake was considered Hampton Roads’ fastest growing city over the past 5 years with a population of 238,000.
- Chesapeake is in close proximity to the world’s largest Naval base, Naval Station Norfolk, which supports 75 ships alongside 14 piers and 11 aircraft hangars.
- Chesapeake is in close proximity to the Port of Virginia, which is the sixth largest containerized cargo complex in the entire United States as well as the deepest water harbor on the US East Coast.
- Over 50 international companies call Chesapeake home.
- Chesapeake was ranked by SmartAsset as the #3 City Where Millennials are Buying Homes.
- Chesapeake was ranked #19 among the Best Cities for Quality of Life by NerdWallet.
- Chesapeake was ranked by the FBI as One of the safest cities in the United States.
- Solid commercial real estate fundamentals with very high occupancy rates across multiple commercial real estate asset classes: Industrial 95%, Retail 94.9%, Office 92.3%.
Sources: Wikipedia.org, Chesapeake Virginia 2016 Annual Report, http://www.hreda.com, Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance, www.nerdwallet.com 2014, www.smartasset.com 2016, FBI National Uniform Crime Report 2008, http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fitch-affirms-chesapeake-vas-gos-193100903.html
DST properties and private placement real estate offerings are for accredited investors (a net worth of greater than 1 million dollars – exclusive of primary residence) and accredited entities only. If you are unsure if you are an accredited investor or an accredited entity, please do speak with your CPA and attorney for verification prior to considering an investment. There are material risks associated with the ownership of real estate, real estate offerings and Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) properties, including but not limited to, tenant vacancies, loss of entire principal amount invested, and that distributions, potential cash flows, returns, and appreciation are not guaranteed. There are no assurances that diversification will produce profits or guarantees against loss. This material does not constitute tax or legal advice. All investors should speak with their own tax and legal advisors before considering any real estate investments.
Securities products offered through WealthForge Securities, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Kay Properties and Investments, LLC is independent of WealthForge Securities, LLC. All information provided is for educational purposes only. The material contained herein does not constitute an offer to sell and is not an offer to buy real estate, real estate offerings, DST properties or securities. Such offers are made only by a sponsor’s memorandum, which is always controlling and available to accredited investors and accredited entities only. There are material risks associated with the ownership of real estate, real estate offerings and DST properties, including but not limited to, tenant vacancies, loss of entire principal amount invested, and that potential distributions, cash flows, returns, and appreciation are not guaranteed.
All the information herein has been prepared from sources believed to be reliable, but it not guaranteed by WealthForge Securities, LLC and Kay Properties and Investments and is not a complete summary or statement of all available data necessary for making an investment decision. Any information provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation.